The GTS96 thermal cycler is a robust, powerful and reliable thermal cycler, delivering exceptional performance. A flexible temperature optimisation process segregates the 96-well plate into six discrete (4x4-well) temperature zones, made easily distinguishable by blue and black squares.
Temperature selection is entirely in the hands of the operator over a 24°C advanced range, anywhere between 4 and 96°C. This enables the operator to optimise PCR by testing 6 different temperatures simultaneously in just one thermal cycler run - ideal for Genotyping work. With heating and cooling rates of 5°C/s and 3.5°C/s respectively, the precision temperature control minimises temperature overshooting and undershooting between individual stages within each PCR cycle, resulting in faster run times and greater efficiency.
• Large LCD panel enhances visibility and ease-of-operation.
• Front panel display includes 22-key keypad and function keys
• Graphic display makes programming quick and simple.
• Extended Temperature return function that makes touchdown possible
• Gradient function enables optimization of annealing temperatures.
• Pre-set protocols that make starting amplification easier.
• Air intake vents on front and sides, exhaust vents at rear
• Interchangeable blocks.
• Automatically creates operating history and error logs.
• Heated lid to prevent the formation of condensation.
• Auto restart after power failure.
Programming is both quick and simple through a large user-friendly interface, while pre-programmed methods for Optimisation, Touchdown and Time Increments make set-up obvious even to first time users. A heated lid, which is fully adjustable to apply optimal pressure to 0.2ml tubes and microplates, may be programmed to hold different temperatures between 60 and 65°C and 100 to 115°C. Additional advantages offered by the heated lid are its slide-in slide-out design for safe access to samples, and its prevention of condensation formation during overnight cooling.